Friday, August 10, 2012

Laters, Baby

"Laters, Baby"



A very famous line circulating everywhere. But what is interesting about this? Probably you've been hearing now about E.L. James Fifty Shades of Grey (First book of the trilogy - oh and I'm actually done with those three ^_^). Anyway, I still wonder how the hell did i bumped into this book? Well of course, it's mr. curiosity who took over me. So I saw people's post reading this book,  I decided to look for it and guess what, It's Out of Stock! (Why, Am i too late?) Good thing I was saved by a friend who happens to have a PDF copy of the trilogy. :)

Before reading the book, I did some research and read some reviews (as what I always do before buying and reading books to save my ass from wasting time hihi). Reviews are a bit extremes, some say they can't wait to move on to the next book, others say it's not a smart read at all. But what struck me is the way they called it "Mommy Porn" (I say, what the hell does that mean?!), So to end my questions, i decided to give it a try.

Sexy. Erotic. Kinky. Porn. Passionate love. These are some of the words I can associate as I read the book. What's funny is that while reading the book, I've been reading the dictionary too! And non-stop google-ing! There's just so many sexual terms that I actually have no idea about. Yes, Sexual terms, sex toys, sexy lingo, this is what the book basically contains. 

"When literature student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly, innocent Ana is startled to realize she wants this man and, despite his enigmatic reserve, finds she is desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her, too—but on his own terms."

-- and that's the start of the story. When Anastasia Steele met the multi-millionaire, overly handsome bachelor Christian Grey, who literally turned her normal world upside down. Christian Grey who has a lot of secret and dark desires. (Okay, i won't go deeper as this may be a spoiler to those who hasn't read it)

I admit, I got really hooked at every turn of the page. It's because of the "dominant-submissive" kind of relationship which i have no idea at all (this is where mr.google appeared!) This one is new, and you'll have your eyes set on every turn of the page. 

“You're so deliciously wet. God, I want you" .. "Pull your knees up" he orders softly, and i'm quick to obey. "I'm going to fuck you now Ms.Steele," he murmurs as he positions the head of his erection at the entrance of my sex, "Hard," he whispers, and he slams into me.. 

"Open your mouth," he commands and thrusts his thumb in my mouth. "See how you taste," he breathes into my ears. "Suck me baby," his thumb presses on my tongue, and my mouth closes round him, sucking wildly"


-- See? Better read this book before sleeping, or at your bed, or own room, but not in public. lol. As there are just soooo many, or toooo many erotic and sensual scenes you'll encounter. But moving forward, It seems to me like there's really not much of a plot. As you turn the page, things will get predictable and as for me, I got bored on some parts since its just a repeat of the past scene, but with different context on how they delivered the kinky lines. (I guess it's just the sensual parts that really got me glued to this book haha!) 


For me, the story is actually simple, i would still say there's a couple of twists, but still not much. It's just something that people don't really read regularly (I guess?) and the vocal pornographic scenes which you will end up visualizing are one of the highlights of this book. And of course for the girls, day dreaming that somehow they will meet their own "Christian Grey", who would unleash the sexual goddess in them, who could satisfy their every need and just actually exceed their sexual expectations, leaving them wanting for more. :) 


Let's wait for the movie, I wonder who would best fit as Christian Grey. *wink*


Rated it: 3.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment