Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Book Review: Something Blue

By Emily Giffin




Have you watched "Something Borrowed"? A 2011 American romantic comedy film based on Emily Giffin's book of the same name. Starring Kate Hudson, Ginnifer Goodwin, Colin Egglesfield and John Krasinski. I actually wasn't aware of this movie, this was something I just read somewhere while searching for 2011 movie list I could download and watch at home. 

Something Blue is the sequel of the movie Something Borrowed. A story of betrayal, recovery, rescue and forgiveness. As I was reading the book, I can't help but visualize the characters, creating movie scenes at the back of my mind. Darcy, the lead role for this sequel, was portrayed by Kate Hudson in Something Borrowed. A selfish, self-centered best girlfriend of Rachel (Ginnifer Goodwin), who on book 1, is engaged but Rachel steals her fiance, but later on Darcy told the truth that she also cheated and slept with her fiance's friend. 

So basically for Something blue, the story is just about Darcy, how she became pregnant with the man she cheated with then ended up all fucked up because the father of her child left her. The book is a quick read, the flow is smooth, (like i said it was like a movie already playing at the back of my mind) and it actually has life lessons regarding love for others, love for yourself and friendship. This one is definitely a chic lit, light and easy, you will somehow hate Darcy from the start, but you'll get to love her too in the end especially how she regained herself, her true love and true friendship.

Rating: 3.5 stars
(Reading Something Borrowed first is a must!)

No comments:

Post a Comment